SELF STORAGE IN WEST MONROE, LA
For over 40 years Dixie Self Storage has provided our neighbors a solution for all of their storage needs. With 7 different locations in Louisiana we are conveniently located with easy access from all surrounding areas including Monroe, West Monroe, Bastrop, Winnsboro and El Dorado.
Dixie Self Storage in West Monroe has convenient operating hours six days a week. Our locations offer well-lighted aisles and buildings, with ground level access. Our friendly and professional staff is standing by to assist with all of your storage needs.
Small Closet (boxes)
Conventional – $28/month
Climate Controlled – $40/month
One Room of Furniture
Conventional – $44/month
Climate Controlled – $65/month
1-2 Room Apartment
Conventional – $53/month
Climate Controlled – $75/month
2 Bedroom Apartment
Conventional – $61/month
Climate Controlled – $95/month
2 Bedroom Apartment
Conventional – $77/month
Climate Controlled – $115/month
3 Bedroom House
Conventional – $94/month
Climate Controlled – $140/month
3 Bedroom House
Conventional – $110/month
Climate Controlled – $175/month
3+ Bedroom House
Conventional – $130
Climate Controlled $190
After choosing the right facility to fits your needs, it is essential that you pack your belongings in storage correctly. Here are some tips to consider for preventing damage:
- Determine whether the goods you are storing will be better protected by placing them in boxes, totes, or other containers. You may need to purchase specialized boxes and other materials to protect your items during the move and while they are stowed away.
- Thoroughly clean, disinfect and dry refrigerators, freezers, stoves and other appliances. Appliances with doors can be stored with the door slightly open, and some can be stacked on top of each other.
- Be sure to clean and dry all electrical equipment before storing.
- Retard rust by wiping down all types of metal surfaces before storing. Use a few drops of machine oil to lightly coat these items for preventing rust and possible deterioration.
- Pack all books, files, and documents flat, and use bubble wrap or newspaper to fill any empty spaces in the boxes or totes.
- Store clothing on hangers before folding them into cartons. Make sure all drapes, curtains, linens and clothing items are washed and dry, or dry cleaned to avoid attracting pests.
- Use bubble wrap and other materials when storing dishes and glassware. Pack similar items in the same box and fill empty spaces with packing peanuts, bubble wrap or newspaper.
- Disassemble furniture and place pieces on a corrugated cardboard mat or plastic sheet before placing on a pallet.
- Stack lightweight chairs “seat to seat”, but avoid stacking other types of furniture on top of each other. Cover all upholstery with light cotton dust covers.
- Wrap lamp bases in padding and store the lamp shade and base separately.
- Holiday decorations can be stored in their original cartons. Wrap glass ornaments and other delicate items in bubble wrap or newspaper before storing in boxes or totes.
- CDs, tapes, records and other music items can be stored in boxes or airtight cartons to prevent damage.
- Cover computer screens and large television screens with dust covers and wrap in bubble wrap if you are storing these items next to furniture and other equipment.
Prohibited Storage Goods
Even though you alone control access to your storage space, there are some items that cannot be stored in your unit at any time. These include:
- Live animals
- Flammable liquids and fuels
- Toxic materials
- Any items that need to be in a controlled environment
contact for affordable storage
Dixie Self Storage is best affordable self storage that serves the areas of West Monroe, LA and surrounding towns of Monroe, Bastrop, Winnsboro and El Dorado. With a wide array of standard and climate controlled storage in addition to having many different state-of-the-art features and the lowest prices in the area, our storage can’t be beat! Give us a call today to hear about our current move-in specials and speak with our friendly management to reserve your storage unit.
Phone: (318) 325-8789
Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Saturday 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
All Other Locations
Monday – Saturday 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.